Last Updated April 25, 2023
2. Information We Collect and Receive. We collect Personal Data from you from various sources and through various methods. Below are the types of Personal Data we may collect and from where we may collect it.
2.1 Information You Provided to Us. We collect information that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information in order to use certain parts of our Services, fulfill your requests, or provide you with certain services.
2.1.1 Account Information. When you create an account, you may provide us with your name, email address, physical address, picture, and any other information you choose to upload to your account. Additionally, if you create an account using someone’s referral code, we may associate your account with that person.
2.1.2 Social Media Data. We have pages on social media services such as YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details and messages sent. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
2.1.3 Contacting Us. You may interact with us through our Services, including through an online contact form, email, or any other communication mechanism. When using these channels, you typically provide your account information and any other information you choose to provide to us at your option.
2.1.4 Surveys. When you complete any forms or respond to a survey or questionnaire, we collect the Personal Data that you provide.
2.2 Information We Obtain from Others. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through other users of the Services (such as users participating in our referral program), third party services and organizations (such as social networks), and publicly available sources.
2.3 Information We Automatically Collect. We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services, including internet or other network activity information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history within the Services, and cookies and other technologies.
2.3.1 Log Information. We retain information about you when you access and use the Services. This information can include the following: IP address, timestamps, browser information, Internet Service Provider “ISP”, webpages visited, and the URL of the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services.
2.3.2 Device Information. We monitor user activity in connection with the Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, websites you visit, as well as types and amount of Services you use.
2.3.3 Crash and Error Information. If the Services crash or return an error, we may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first- or third-party services. The crash or error information collected may include the following: Device IP address, device name, operating system version, application configurations(s), the time and date, and other statistics.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Comments - When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Media - If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2.3.5 Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “pixel tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive or web browser, pixel tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel tags are often used in combination with cookies, trigger the placing of cookies, and transmit information to us or our service providers. This enables two websites to share information. The resulting connection can include information such as a device’s IP address, the time a person viewed the pixel, an identifier associated with the browser or device, the type of browser being used and the URL of the web page from which the pixel was viewed. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages in a format that users can read, tell us whether emails have been opened, and help to ensure we are sending only messages that may be of interest to our users.
3. How We Use Your Information.
(i) To provide the information, products, and services you request;
(ii) To provide you, if you have an active account, with effective customer service;
(iii) To provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Services;
(iv) To contact you with special offers, promotions, and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
(v) To contact you with information and notices related to your use of the Services;
(vi) To invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
(vii) To better understand your needs and interests;
(viii) To improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
(ix) To improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
(x) To improve the content, functionality, and usability of the Services;
(xi) To enforce our policies or other agreements;
(xii) To promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities;
(xiii) To use for any other purpose for which we provide notice at the time of collection; and
(xiv) To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
(b) In an effort to understand and serve our users better, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests, and behaviors using aggregated and/or de-identified information collected through the Services and from other sources so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”).
4. How We Share and Disclose Information.
4.1 Service Providers and Third-Parties. We may share your Personal Data with third-party vendors that perform tasks on our behalf and under our instruction. These third-party vendors may use your Personal Data only in connection with the services they perform on our behalf, and they are bound to protect your Personal Data in a manner consistent with our own policies and practices. In addition, you may choose to use certain features on our website for which we partner with other entities. These features are operated by third parties that are not affiliated with us. These third parties may use your Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies. On websites on which these features are offered, the relevant third parties are identified. We strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
4.2 Aggregate/De-Identified Data. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
4.3 Legal Reasons. We may also disclose your Personal Data when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Data to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft, to protect the security of our Services, to enforce or apply our policies or other agreements, or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We will attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority.
4.4 Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), Personal Data may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, your Personal Data would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
5. Your Choices.
(a) If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, update, or delete certain Personal Data that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities or by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
(b) Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, many advertising companies that may collect information for targeted advertising purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative. Both of these organizations provide directions on how individuals can opt-out from targeted advertising by their members. You can find more information on these opt-out capabilities on www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
(d) In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Services, you may be unable to use those features. We will tell you what Personal Data that you must provide in order to receive the Services.
(e) Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
6. Retention of Personal Data. We will retain Personal Data required to comply with privacy requests, to manage active accounts, as required by law, in order to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. We will retain the Personal Data we process on behalf of our users as directed by them. We may also retain copies of your Personal Data for disaster recovery purposes, to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes.
7. Information Security. The security of your information is important to us. We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical procedures, practices, and safeguards designed to protect personal information we collect from unauthorized access, use, alteration, exfiltration, or destruction. Although we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, it must be recognized that no information system is 100% secure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use, or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
9. Keep your personal information up to date. You will be able to update your account information that you submitted to us at any time. We would like you to change or delete your information in case it is wrong.
10. International Users. The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing Personal Data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Services, which are governed by U.S. law, this notice and our other policies that govern your use of the Services, you are transferring your Personal Data to the United States and you consent to that transfer. The Services are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than those of the United States. Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers and, by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
12. Security. We employ technical and organizational measures including two-step verification process, password and physical security measures in order to safeguard the Service against loss, theft, misuse, destruction, access, alteration or the disclosure of your data by unauthorized persons. Despite regular controls a complete protection against all dangers is, however, not possible. The access to your account is possible only after entering your personal password. You should always treat your access information confidentially and close the browser window, once you have ended your communication with us, particularly if you share the use of the computer with others. We cannot warrant security for data transmitted to our Service because unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
13. Children’s Information. The Services are directed to individuals at the age of 13 and over. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 13. If we become aware of individuals who have provided us with Personal Data and are under the age of 13, we will take steps to deactivate the account and delete the Personal Data. If you become aware of information from individuals under the age of 13 which has been provided to us, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.